Monday, March 30, 2009

cents and sensitivity

Conversation with my dad upon his return from a weekend trip to visit my 94-year-old grandmother:

me: "How was Grams doing?"

dad: "I thought that she seemed to be doing really well, but I guess that's not the general consensus."

me: "Well, what do you mean; is she sick?"

dad: "She seemed great to me; alert, up and around, etc, but when I was talking to your aunt on the trip down, she made it seem like we should probably go out back and start to dig a hole."

me: "OMG....That is so wrong."

dad [chuckling]: "Yeah, so when I got there I got on Grandma's computer and sent an email from her account to all of my siblings saying: "Since Chet [my dad] has always been my clear favorite I've decided to update my will and list him as the sole benefactor to my estate and suggest that you all do the same. Love, Mom'".

1 comment:

  1. And I thought you got your twisted sense of humor from your mom...

    ReplyDelete